We’ve been looking at Spring Cleaning through a holistic framework – one that addresses body, mind, emotion and spirit. Today, we’ll focus on the spiritual aspects of ourselves to see what we might like to shift or change as we harmonize with the energy of Spring. Spring is a particularly good time to harmonize with the natural world. With the warmer weather and longer days, it often seems like we are more easily drawn outdoors and with so many things beginning to bud and bloom, it is natural that our attention is on the natural world that we are a part of.
Let’s take a look at what an imbalance in the Wood element might look like on the spiritual level:
- Lack of enthusiasm for life
- Feeling disconnected from Nature
- Lack of sense of spiritual connection
- Feelings of isolation
- Missing a sense of soul purpose
I feel like this really represents something I consider to be one of the greatest diseases of our time – DISCONNECTION. From the shamanic viewpoint and other spiritual traditions, it is understood that everything is interconnected through what we call the “web of life”. As humans, we often tend to see or feel ourselves as separate. This often starts with the natural world, but continue with our sense of connection to spirit, to community and ultimately to our own selves.
Spring can be a wonderful time to tune in and reconnect. I hope you’ll take some time to explore how you can create greater connection in all areas of your life. Here are some questions to write and reflect on for today:
- Do you feel connected to your own inner voice?
- Do you spend quiet time just “being”?
- Are you able to feel a sense of oneness?
- Do you feel a connection to Spiritual Source? God? Spiritual Community? Nature?
- Do you know what Spirituality means for you?
- Is there something that your need to resolve or let go of that affects your ability to connect on a spiritual level?
- Do you have a sense of your soul purpose? Make a list of things you love most and explore what that might be.
Make a list of 3 – 5 things you can do to support yourself spiritually.
Here are some ideas to consider:
- Find a spiritual practice that suits you (be curious and explore!)
- Attend a spiritual service or community.
- Connect with nature.
- Create time and space to meditate.
- Find a creative activity that allows you to express yourself more freely.
- Awaken your inner self – explore what ignites your own inner spark.
See you tomorrow!