So far in our Spring Cleaning Virtual Writing Retreat, we’ve explored body and mind. Today we’re going to take some time to explore our emotional body and how we can support it at this time of year and beyond.
We’ve been exploring the Wood Element, which according to Chinese Medicine is most active in Spring. Let’s look at the some of the indicators of a Wood imbalance on the emotional level:
- Difficulty expressing emotions
- “Stuffing” feelings
- Control issues
- Feelings of overwhelm
- Sense of separateness
Take some time today to write and reflect on the following questions:
- Are you in touch with your emotions?
- Are you able to express your feelings appropriately?
- Do you allow your self to experience a full range of feelings – anger and sorrow, love and happiness, etc?
- Are you able to develop close and intimate relationships?
- Are there feelings your holding onto that it might be time to let go or work on releasing?
List 3 – 5 things that you can do to support emotional well-being.
Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Keep a daily journal list of your feelings
- Share you feelings with a good friend or family member whom you feel safe with
- Seek out a therapist, counselor, shaman or other guide if you need support in getting in touch with your feelings
- Join a support group – there are many kinds available and sometimes it helps to connect with others dealing with similar challenges as you are
- Move your body – dance, exercise, etc. are great ways to allow your emotions space to move through (talking in not the only way!)
- Make a list in your journal of ways you can connect with and express your emotions and keep adding to it.
Have a beautiful day!
See you tomorrow!