“Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life’s search for love and wisdom.”
Writing has been a blessing in my life. As a child and teen struggling with an incredibly chaotic and dysfunctional family life, I found my journal and writing poetry to be a way of staying connected to myself, of exploring a world beyond what I knew and a space to express who I was when there seemed little room for that in the life I knew. As an adult, writing has become an important part of my life and my work. It is at the top of my list of “healing tools” and one I recommend to all of my clients. Even after many years addressing trauma, I’ve found that writing and sharing stories has allowed me to heal on a much deeper level; and, it is something I continue to do. It is a joy to be able to support others in exploring this powerful healing tool as well. I am excited to be joining with Andrea Hylen, founder of Heal My Voice, to co-facilitate a new 30 Day writing program.
I invite you to join me for this 30 Day journey to explore writing as a tool for transformation and healing…
Writing To Heal ~ Transforming Our Grief, Loss and Change
A Heal My Voice 30-Day Writing Program (With Teleseminar Support)
June 1 – 30, 2015
Joining a Heal My Voice program is a bit like embarking on a vision quest. It is a journey into the core of our being. In traditional cultures, this is done through time alone in nature; in Heal My Voice our vehicle is writing. The intention of the Writing To Heal ~ Transforming Our Grief, Loss & Change 30-Day Program is to create a space for exploring writing as a vehicle for transforming and healing. During this time, you will have an opportunity to:
- receive daily support for your writing for 30 days
- explore your own life and uncover a story that wants to emerge
- connect with a community of authentic women and men on a journey of self-exploration
- get to know yourself more deeply to reclaim personal power
- discover your inner gifts
- alchemize your pain into remembrance, honoring and joy; and
- explore or reconnect with the Heal My Voice program to see if our upcoming 9-month book program is a right for you!
This 30-Day program with teleseminar support offers an opportunity to get to know yourself on a deeper level through the Heal My Voice process of Listening, Discovering and Exploring. As you take this time to reflect on grief, loss and change in your life, Heal My Voice facilitators Andrea Hylen and Beth Terrence will support you in uncovering and identifying experiences and stories that wish to be expressed through self-reflection, writing and community sharing. This program creates a container for you to go within, gain insight into your life experiences and access the gifts that emerge as we shine a light on our tender places.
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” ~ Rumi
This 30-Day Program includes:
- Three Weekly Teleclasses with exploration and discussion on grief, loss and change
- HMV’s Sacred Sanctuary Writing Space (12 audio recordings of inspiration and silence for writing)
- 30-Days of prompts to inspire and jumpstart your writing
- A Secret Facebook Group for sharing and discussion
Teleclass Time: Mondays, 7:30-8:45pm Eastern time (4:30-5:45pm Pacific time) ~ June 8, 15, 22
Location: Accessible by Phone or Online Listening; Audio replay will be available
Investment: $75.00 for Full 30-Day Program
or $175 for Full Program plus one Individual Coaching Session with Beth & Andrea.
To learn more or register, visit http://healmyvoice.org/30-day-writing-program/.
Here are some of my stories featured in Heal My Voice book projects for you to explore…